Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN) has asked Benue state governor, Samuel Ortom to rise up to his responsibilities as the Chief Security Officer (CSO) of the state and defend the people of the state from the attacks of Fulani herdsmen.
He said as the chief security officer of the state, Ortom should be able to organise his people to confront the herdsmen like his counterpart, Ayo Fayose did in Ekiti.
He however said rather than act, Ortom usually breaks down in tears and keeps blaming the federal government whenever the people he swore to protect are attacked.
“The point I always make and I make it again is that the greatest failure and the person who should take all the blame for what is happening is the state governor, Samuel Ortom. Ortom is the chief security officer of Benue. Every time, the killings happen, he breaks down in tears and puts his hands on his head and keeps blaming the federal government”.
“Under criminal law, every Nigerian has a right of self-defence. There is no reason why Ortom shouldn’t have organised the people of Benue state into a state of collective self-defence in which he will totally arm them to face these murderers”.
“Instead, he keeps on weeping all the time. No wonder the Benue students and other young people chased him with stones because compared to the federal government, his own failure is the worst” he said.
- OMG! See The Graphic Photos Of Governor Ortom’s Aide, Dr Tavershima Adyorough Shot Dead As Wife Fighting For Her Life In Hospital
- Arrest Any Armed Herdsmen – Miyetti Allah
- Arrest Miyetti Allah Leaders – Ortom To FG
- Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue
- Herdsmen Killings: Governors Know What To Do But.. – Fayose
- Angry Youths Stones Governor Ortom As He Deploys Soldiers To Calm The Situation
- Read What President Buhari Said About Benue Flooding