Everton football club is considering plans on moving Lille defender Adama Soumaoro, according to sources, as Sam Allardyce looks to bolster his squad during the January transfer window.
The 25-year-old centre-back is believed to be valued in the region of £18m by the French club, who are understood to be looking to sell players to help ease financial pressures.
Soumaoro has made just six starts in Ligue 1 this season after missing the start of the campaign with an Achilles injury.
West Ham, Borussia Dortmund and Monaco have also watched the versatile defender, who can play across the back four.
Having completed their primary transfer objective with the signing of striker Cenk Tosun earlier this month, Everton appear to be looking for reinforcements at the back.
The Toffees have been hit by injuries to Leighton Baines and Ramiro Funes Mori this season, while Seamus Coleman has recently returned to training after 10 months out with a broken leg.
- Breaking: Everton sign Jordan Pickford for £30m
- Nigerian Striker, Henry Onyekuru Signs A 5 Year Deal With Everton
- Is This A Joke Or What? Ibrahimovic Announces Man Utd Return With Image Depicting Him As Jesus Christ
- Wayne Rooney Joins Everton From Manchester United On A Two-year Deal For An Undisclosed Fee (Photos)
- It’s Official!! Nigerian Footballer Stephen Odey Signs 4-Year Deal With FC Zurich.. Details
- JUST IN: Chelsea Defender, John Terry Officially Joins Aston Villa (See Photo)
- AC Milan Signs In Andre Silva For An Initial Fee Of €38m (£33.6m)