A teenage girl who died on the operating table just days after she went partying on Christmas Eve was completely unaware she had terminal stomach cancer.
Ellie Walsh died after suffering a complication during a surgical procedure to remove a tumour from her stomach.
The growth had been detected five weeks earlier, following a scan, but the 18-year-old aspiring lawyer and her family had no idea how serious her condition was at the time.
Though, doctors had decided to remove the tumour on December 27, it was only after Ellie’s death on the operating table did they grasp its full extent – with medics telling her family she would likely have died a few months later anyway.
Her devastated mother Emma Walsh, 37, from Lincolnshire, said she never got the chance to properly say goodbye.
‘We didn’t realise just how ill Ellie was. She had tummy pains for a few years and then about five weeks ago, a scan showed she had a tumour’, she said.
‘We have been going to the doctors since 2014 as she has lost a lot of weight and had bad pains in her side but it was always passed off and she was given paracetamol.
‘She died during the operation but before she went in [for the operation] I told her I loved her and that I would see her later.
‘When they told me I was in shock and my head went into a spin. You could see they were upset but they did all they could.
- Oh No! Pregnant Woman In Labour Jumps To Her Death Doctors Refused Her Cesarean Operation On Her Unbearable Pains (Photo)
- Shocking!! Baby Girl Born In Kenya Without Eyes Cries To Death After Her Mother Refused To Breastfeed Her (Photo)
- Is Anokye Supremo Really Dead? Lumba Look-Alike Passes Away
- ”It Was Severe On Me” – El- Zakzaky, Shiite Leader
- Shocking!! After 15 Years Of Abortion This Indian Woman Finds Her Aborted Baby In Her Abdomen (Photos)
- Hmm! See Baby Born In India With 2 Heads One Attached To It’s Stomach (Graphic Photos)
- See A Family In Nigeria Where Everybody Is A Medical Doctor (Photos)