Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State has warned cattle herders in the state to desist from carrying dangerous weapons.
Obiano said he would not hesitate to invoke the full weight of the law on any cattle herder found carrying dangerous weapons.
The governor who addressed indigenes of the state during a reception organised in his country home, shortly after taking the chieftaincy title of Ebubedike Aguleri, said on no account should a herdsman be found wielding an AK-47 rifle or any such weapon.
Obiano assured the state that he was not unaware of the havoc being caused by herdsmen in other states, saying he was working to ensure that such would not be witnessed in Anambra State.
He stated that his government has put in place measures that would guarantee peaceful and harmonious coexistence between herdsmen and host communities.
“Part of the measures taken to address the menace was sensitising both the host communities and the Fulani herdsmen of the existing agreement that any party that destroys either the lives or property of the other will pay and also be prosecuted,” the governor added.
Obiano described the people of the state as peace-loving people who welcome visitors who are seeking wealth opportunities in the state, but warned that those who may want to take advantage of the people’s hospitality would be decisively dealt with.
He reassured farmers in remote communities of his administration commitment to put an end to the cattle invasion on their farmlands.
- Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Kwankwaso Lands In Asaba To Douse Tension (Photos)
- Attack On Obiano: ”We Will No Longer Tolerate This” – Police Warns IPOB Members, Agitators
- Nov. 18: We Will Decisively Deal With If You Try To Disrupt Anambra Election – Gov. Obiano Warns Nnamdi Kanu
- Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Edo Kills Man With 2 Wives And 12 Children (Graphic Photos)
- Anambra Election: What Happened When MASSOB Disrupted Census In Igbo Land Will Not Repeat Again – Obiano
- From Now On, Fulani Herdsmen Must Have To Register With N5,000 To Operate In Ekiti State – Fayose
- Nollywood Actor, Yul Edochie Appointed The SSA On Creative & Entertainment Media On Anambra State Governor