Dreaded militant leader, Oyawerikumo Peregbakumo alias Karowei has been arrested by Nigerian soldiers after a state-wide manhunt.
Karowei was arrested on Thursday morning by Soldiers attached to “Operation Delta Safe”. The criminal who hails from Ogbobagene, Burutu local government area of Delta state surrendered himself to the military.
On Wednesday, there was pandemonium in Bomadi, Ojobo and other communities in Delta State as soldiers blocked waterways in search of the militant.
People fled Ojobo community in hundreds after soldiers stormed the community in 10 gunboats. According to an eyewitness, Soldiers arrested Karowei’s girlfriend. The eyewitness said;
“The manhunt is a fallout of reports of alleged activities of some suspected militants who had some celebrations in the community on New Year day over the killing of security agents.”
Karowei is alleged to have beheaded a Naval officer, who was at the local government for a peace mission last December.
Below is a photo of the militants after his arrest;
- Residents On The Run As Soldiers Destroys Ajakurama Community In Edo State
- Niger Delta Militants Kills 2 Soldiers, 1 Injured In Warri, Delta State
- JUST IN!! Suspected Militants Storms Delta Community, Kidnaps 4 British Nationals
- See The Dead Body Of ”Kareowei” The Dreaded Militant Shot Dead While Trying To Escape After His Arrest (Photos)
- Militants Escapes Through Water, 3 Soldiers, Others Killed After After A Fierce Gun Battle In Creeks
- Militants Overpowers 4 Soldiers In Niger Delta, Takes Them To Creek & Shot Them Dead.. Details
- Heavily Armed Militants Attacks Marrine Police Base In Ogun, Kills One Officer, Injures 3, Moves Away With Police Speed Gun Boat