Former military president, Ibrahim Babangida, has asked Nigerians to build on legacies of Past leaders who ruled the nation.
Gen. Babangida stated this in a statement he personally signed, on Monday.
“As Nigerians, our unique strengths and characters to overcome our challenges collectively have never been in doubt, what we need now more than ever is to galvanise these unique qualities for the good of all as permissible under a democratic setup,” he said.
While congratulating Nigerians for making it to the New Year, the former President appealed to Nigerians to use the year in renewing their commitment to the collective growth, prosperity, and development of the country.
This, he said could be achieved by contributing more to nation-building and shun any form of negative tendencies.
Although he admitted the security and economic challenges faced by Nigerians, he, however, stated that diversity of the country remains its strength.
He added, “I have the hope that the nation we so sacrifice to keep going and to this age can only be better notwithstanding various security and economic challenges that have become a world order; confronting every country of the world in different magnitude and in a different way.”
Babangida further appealed to both citizens and leaders at all levels to build on the legacies of the past leaders. (Channelstv)
- Okorocha Reveals What Will Happen To People Who Want Nigeria To Divide
- Biafra: Nigeria Will Not Break Up – Wike
- Biafra Agitators Are Real Enemies Of Nigeria – Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello
- Buhari Is Incorruptible – Gov Yahaya Bello
- Why I Would Have Gone On Exile – President Buhari
- Many Nigerians Are Poor Because Of Massive Stealing By Past Leaders – Osinbajo
- Nigeria Is Like A Tree It Can Bend But It Cannot Break – Buhari