A frontline northern politician and a former member of the House of Representatives during the defunct Second Republic, Dr Junaid Mohammed in an interview the Thetribune Newspaper described President Buhari’s new year message as rubbish.
Excerpts from the interview..
He also said no human law is perfect and therefore there is a need for periodic structural development, in line with the changing circumstances and the country’s socio-economic development. Can you fault the president’s position?
If you analyse what they wrote for him in that sentence, you can see that it is absolute rubbish; he didn’t say anything. I don’t know how that sentence can be interpreted into the type of English Language that I understand. Honestly, forget about it. And that really is a tragedy because, if you are empty, even if good speech writers put up something together for you, at the end of the day, you will still be empty. This is because the emptiness is reflected, not in the speech you read, but in you. Can we look at that sentence and think it will be good for policy formulation? No, it will not. It says nothing, as far as I am concerned and let me tell you, I challenge the speech writers of those in government, the members of the cabals in the government who are around him on a daily basis, to come and tell us, arising from that buffoonery of language, what they want to do, in concrete terms, not in showering useless languages.
- How To Say Good Morning, Good Evening & Good Afternoon In Igbo Language
- Buhari’s 57 Independence Day Speech…Empty Tirade As Usual – PDP
- Buhari Should Tell Nigerians The Truth – Mohammed Junaid
- Buhari Is The Most Powerful President In The World.. He Is More Powerful Than Trump – Afenifere Chieftain, Ayo Adebanjo
- Original Video Of The IGP’s Speech In Kano
- How To Find A Good Job In Ghana
- Buhari Is The Most Ruthless Dictator Nigeria Has Ever Known – Fani Kayode