The order was given at a security meeting presided over by Pres. Buhari at the presidential villa in Abuja. Mansur Dan Ali, minister of defence, had described the trend of hate speech on social media as worrisome.
“Relevant security agencies should as a matter of urgency tackle the propagation of hate speeches through the social media, particularly by some notable Nigerians,” Ali said.
- Social Media Clampdown: “Am Not Afraid Of Buhari” – Fani Kayode Speaks Out
- We Don’t Have Power To Arrest People For Hate Speeches – Nigerian Army
- Hate Speeches: When You Listen To Some Of Our Radio Stations, You Will Not Believe You Are In Nigeria – Laid Mohammed
- We Don’t Anything About Anti-Igbo Song, Arrest & Prosecute The Producers – Arewa Youths
- See New Hate Speech Policy Facebook Introduced Nigeria Facebook Users
- APC Chairman Oyegun Reveals Those Behind Anti-Igbo Hate Song… See Here
- Nigerians Should Say No To Hate Speech & Fake News – Lai Mohammed