According to reports angry Protesters in Benue booed and stoned Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue state, as government deployed troops to calm the situation and to stop the protest from escalating.
Governor Ortom had gone to placate the restive youths at Wurukum where the protest was taking place in Makurdi on Wednesday.
Reports say that soldiers from 72 battalion north bank were currently engaging the protesting youths and some two protesters have been wounded.
The protesters majorly young men on Wednesday trooped out in their thousands to protest against the January 2, herdsmen’s attack on farmers in which 20 people were killed.
The protesters are calling on the presidency to bring the culprits to book.
The protesters carried placards with inscriptions such as “Presidential Intervention needed”, “Why value cows to Humans”, and “Stop this incessant blood bath”.
Some of them chanted, “We will not vote for the present administration again both the State and Federal level if this crises don’t stop”.
- ”Go & Face EFCC” – APC Youths Protest Suswam’s Return To Benue (Photos)
- Photos Of Benue Youths Allegedly Shot Dead By Nigerian Soldiers Following Ortom Today In Benue
- Fulani Herdsmen Called My Wife On Phone, Told Her To Warn Me That Am Joking With Them – Governor Ortom
- Every Time, The Killings Happen, Ortom Breaks Down In Tears & Puts His Hands On His Head – Sagay
- OMG! See The Graphic Photos Of Governor Ortom’s Aide, Dr Tavershima Adyorough Shot Dead As Wife Fighting For Her Life In Hospital
- Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue
- In Pictures: Okorocha, Kebbi Governor Visits Victims Of Flood In Benue