A Nigerian man suspected of being a member of Boko Haram and killing people in Nigeria during attacks on schools and a village has been arrested in Germany, the federal prosecutor said on Friday.
According to Reuters, the 27-year-old man, named as Amaechi Fred O., was detained on Wednesday in Bavaria and a day later a judge issued an arrest warrant and ordered that he be remanded in custody, the chief federal prosecutor said in a statement.
“He is strongly suspected of being a member of the foreign terrorist organisation Boko Haram,” the statement said. It said Amaechi Fred O. was believed to have joined Boko Haram in 2013 and had admitted to actively taking part in four attacks against Nigerian civilians during his one-year membership of the group.
He is accused of killing several people during two attacks on schools and one attack on a village and taking part in another attack on a village, during which members of Boko Haram took girls as hostages and burned down a church.
- List Of Latest/Recent Attacks In Nigeria 2017
- Boko Haram Leader, Shekau Uses Stick To Talk Instead Of Microphone In New Video, Says They Attacked Nigeria Military Convoy
- Scores Feared Dead As Boko Haram Attacks Nyibango & Muduhu In Adamawa
- Breaking!! Boko Haram Terrorists Burn Man To Death In Borno Village
- ”We Are Alive” – Boko Haram Leader, Shekau Speaks In New Video
- SAD! See Pictures Of Nigerian Soldiers Killed During Boko Haram Ambush In Borno State
- Pictures: See The Military Base Attacked By Boko Haram In Yobe