The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) or Banque Africaine de Développement (BAD) is a multilateral development finance institution. The AfDB was founded in 1964 and comprises three entities:
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. The Bank is seeking to build a management team that will lead the successful implementation of this vision.
The President plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the African Development Bank and the African Development Fund. The President supervises several Departments and Units, including the Office of the President, Independent Development Evaluation Department; Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department; Compliance Review and Mediation Unit, Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Committee, Administrative Tribunal, Office of the Auditor General, Group Risk Management Directorate, General Legal and Legal Services Department; Communication and External Relations Department; Staff Integrity and Ethics Offices and Office of the Secretary General and General Secretariat.
The role of the Banks’ Office of the Secretary General and the General Secretariat (PSEG) is to facilitate the delivery of the objectives of the Bank’s Ten Year Strategy, High 5s, and Development and Business Delivery Model (DBDM) by enhancing the decision-making process of the governance organs and forging better working relationships with the shareholders and host countries of the Bank. PSEG comprises: (i) the Immediate Office of the Secretary General (PSEG0) which has the additional responsibility of managing the Records Management and Archives Section, the Corporate Governance Policy and Shareholder Relations Section and a Conferences and Meetings Section; (ii) a Board Affairs and Proceedings Division (PSEG1); and (iii) a Protocol, Privileges and Immunities Division (PSEG2).
Within the General Secretariat, the role of the Records Assistant is to maintain and manage the documentary repository and records of the Bank’s Boards of Governors, Boards of Directors and all Bank documents from all sources, with a view to preserving and safeguarding the Bank’s institutional memory.
Duties and responsibilities
The Records Assistant will be in charge of monitoring the management of physical, electronic and audio-visual records that are received at the Bank’s Records Department. S/he will assist in the implementation of the Records Management System from document creation to the final phase. Under the general supervision of the Records Officer, the Records Assistant will be responsible for:
1. Collection, Organization, Conservation and Accessibility of archived records
- Serve as a liaison between decentralized classifications and the Records Section;
- Ensure the transfer of semi-active and inactive files to the archives;
- Receive and manage files from the units;
- Sort and eliminate unnecessary documents;
- Finalize and forward transfer slips;
- Condition, rate and make various computer entries of file data;
- Research and communicate archival records
2. Digitization of the Bank’s Historical Documents
- Exit and select the documents;
- Prepare documents and photocopy them (if necessary);
- Digitize and control the image produced
3. Indexing documents
- Read and analyze documents processed;
- Classify documents;
- Fill index fields;
- Validate indexes to save the document in the Bank’s database.
4. Development of research instruments in collaboration with the records officer
- Search and collect data;
- Consolidate and classify data collected;
- Undertake formatting when required; and
- Perform an annual update.
5. Filing and preservation of documents
- Maintain a classification system of key Bank documents;
- Undertake conditioning;
- Classify each file;
- Ensure efficient management of the archiving space assigned to this function.
6. Serve as back-up and participate in the implementation of the Bank’s Disclosure and Access to Information (DAI) Policy
- Assist in the retrieval of documents related to access to information request ;
- Generate statistics and data on requests received and processed;
- In close collaboration with colleagues, help with the dissemination of documents;
- Participate and assist in organizing DAI’s awareness activities.
- Perform all other duties based on service needs.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Have at least a Bachelor’s degree in library sciences or its equivalent in any other related discipline;
2. At least four (4) years of relevant professional experience in records management;
3. Experience in a centralized data management system in a dynamic and high volume archiving environment;
4. Ability to develop effective interpersonal relationships, proven organizational skills;
5. Ability to work on all types of documents, detail- and rigor-oriented;
6. Team spirit and good reaction skills;
7. Ability to communicate effectively both in French or English and a good working knowledge of the other language;
8. Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); knowledge of SAP is desirable.
- Position title: Records Clerk
- Grade: GS 5
- Position N°: 50001401
- Reference: ADB/16/516
- Publication date: 02/01/2018
- Closing date: 15/01/2018
- Country: Côte d’Ivoire
|Information on position :||THIS POSITION DOES NOT ATTRACT INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT. (INCUMBENTS OF THE POSITION WILL BE CONSIDERED AS LOCAL STAFF AND WILL NOT HAVE INTERNATIONAL STATUS).
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem, to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
Related Topics On African Development Bank Recruitment 2018/2019
African development bank recruitment 2018/2019
African development bank Nigeria
African development bank headquarters
African development bank salaries
African development bank annual meeting 2018
African development bank internship programme 2018
African development bank president
African development bank india
- Development Bank Of Nigeria Vacancies 2017 – Apply For Senior Board Affairs Officer and Committee
- Apply For Young Professional Programme (YPP) 2017 At African Development Bank, AfDB | See Eligibility Requirements
- 2019 Re-elction: Buhari Reveals How He Will Get Another Vote In Future From Nigerians
- Apply For African Development Bank Recruitment 2017 | AfDB Application Guide and Requirements
- How To Apply For Ongoing African Development Bank Internship Programme 2017 – wwq.afdb.org
- Agricultural Development Ghana Head Offices And Contact Address
- African Development Bank: New Job Positions [3 Positions]