Arising from a meeting of Ijaw Leaders of Thought on Tuesday, prominent Ijaw leaders across the country have vowed to only support candidates and particularly presidential candidates who genuinely believe and support a restructured Nigeria.
The meeting which held in the Country home of the foremost Ijaw Leader and elder statesman, Pa Edwin Clark in Kiagbodo, Burutu Local Government Area of Delta State took far reaching decisions.
The leaders urged President Muhammadu Buhari to show political will in ensuring that the country is restructured before the 2019 elections. They said they want a restructured country within the context of a corporate, united and peaceful Nigeria that guarantees equal right for all Nigerians adding that only restructuring can guarantee peace in the country.
Shedding more light on the position of the leaders of Thought, Bayelsa State Governor, Honorable Henry SERIAKE Dickson said the 2019 Election Will Be A Referendum On Restructuring with its concomitant derivatives of resource control, devolution of power, state police and in deed fiscal federalism! He said: “Restructuring is about our existence as a people, it is not about APC or PDP. We as Ijaws, want a Nigeria that is fair, just and equitable and this is what restructuring represents.”
A press statement signed by the Special Adviser on Ijaw Affairs to the Governor, Dr Felix Tuodolo said the meeting also set up committee to present a coherent position on the Restructuring from the Ijaw point of view.
Prominent amongst those at the meeting were: Chief Edwin Clark, Deacon Kingsley Otuaro, Alabo Tonye- Graham Douglas, Chief Brodericks Bosimo formers ministers, Ambassador God knows Igali, Prof. Dagogo Fubara, Prof Nimi Briggs, Prof Joe Ajienka, Prof C. Dime, Prof Steve Azaiki, Dr Pius Sinebe, Chief Wellington Okrika, Bayelsa State Commissioner for Culture and Ijaw Affairs, Hon Dressy Dressman top government functionaries and a host of other Ijaw leaders
- ”Something Has To Be Done For Us” – Edwin Clark To FG
- Obasanjo Is Not Saying The Truth, He Knows The Truth But Wants To Impose His Authority On Nigeria – Edwin Clark
- Why I Want Nigeria Destroyed – Asari Dokubo
- Obasanjo Is The Cause Of Nigeria’s Problem – Ijaw Leader, Edwin Clark
- 1999 Constitution Is A Rotten Egg… There Is No Need To Amend It – Robert Clark
- You Arrested Asari Dokubo, What Do You Want From Jonathan – Clark Fires Obasanjo
- Its Not Just Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB…That Is Raising Issues About Restructuring But Every Well-Meaning Nigerians – Dickson