What Is Integrity In Leadership
Have you ever ask this question or have someone ever bulged with such question, like what is Integrity or Intergrity in workplace this simply means the act of some of being honest with strong moral ethics or you say Integrity is the qualifications of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness. It is generally a personal choice to hold oneself to consistent moral and ethical standards.
Types Of Integrity
Integrity is in various ways, In ethics, integrity is known by many as the act of one being honesty and truthful or accurate one’s actions. Integrity can stand in opposition to hypocrisy,in that judging with the standards of integrity involves regarding internal consistency as a virtue, and suggests that parties holding within themselves apparently conflicting values should account for the discrepancy or alter their beliefs.
- Moral integrity
- Personal integrity
- Integrity In Leadership
- Integrity at work
Integrity In Leadership
Integrity in leadership is one of the top attributes of a great leader. It is a concept of consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations and outcomes. It connotes a deep commitment to do the right thing for the right reason, regardless of the circumstances.
Moral integrity is concerned with or relating to human behavior, esp. the distinction between good and bad or right and wrong behavior moral sense adhering to conventionally accepted standards of conduct based on a sense of right and wrong according to conscience.
Personal integrity is the quality of being honest with yourself and others, and living a life that is aligned with your moral principles, not just liberty.
Integrity At Work
According to this precepts culled from Smallbusiness.chron.co, Employers, business leaders and employees can benefit from integrity in the workplace. Integrity involves moral judgment and character, honesty and leadership values. Individuals who show integrity in the workplace not only understand right from wrong but they practice it in all they do. This is beneficial in a business environment where trustworthy actions set the foundation for successful business relationships.
Treating others the way you want to be treated is the core principle of the golden rule and an example of how workers can display integrity in the workplace. Practicing the golden rule ensures that disturbances that may distract or offend others remain at bay while in a work setting. The golden rule is a reflection of respect for others.
Honesty is an optimal example of integrity in the workplace. Honesty encourages open communication between employers, employees and co-workers. It leads to effective relationships in an organization. When workers are honest about the various aspects of their jobs that need improvement, employers can take action and help. Employers that are open about company policies and changes that affect the organization are more trustworthy from the employees’ perspective.
12 Examples Of Integrity In Life
- Keep your promises even if it takes extra effort to do.
- Go back to a store and pay for something you forgot to pay for.
- Never you betray a friend’s trust even if you get in trouble.
- Inform the cashier he gave you too much change back when you are give much than you expected.
- Do not gossip or talking badly about someone it will ignite fire on the long run.
- Remain true to your spouse or partner it will strength the love between both of you.
- When in a serious relationship, don’t keep secrets from each other.
- Return money that you noticed someone dropped without expecting a reward.
- Ignore someone’s advice on how to cheat on your taxes and not get caught.
- Do not let someone else take the blame for something you did.
- If someone gives you confidential information, never tell anyone what you know.
- When it is obvious to you a relationship is over, don’t drag it out but discuss it openly.