Hundreds of women Thursday demonstrated at the venue meeting between southern leaders and those of the Middle Belt, saying that they wanted outright dismembering of Nigeria instead of restructuring. The women who came from Imo and Abia States shouted that they are opposed to restructuring because of the killing of hundreds of their children by the military during the Operation Python Dance late last year.
One of the women who identified herself as Blessing Ngozi Ohakwe regretted that soldiers killed innocent members of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, agitating against oppression in the country, while Fulani herdsmen who had been killing Nigerians across the country were being pampered by the Federal Government. “We are not in support of restructuring. We want outright dismemberment of Nigeria.
she said. However, speaking shortly after the women were calmed down, the Leader of the Afenifere, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, told the women that the brutal killing of Nigerians for the wrong reasons would only stop if Nigeria was restructured. Uwakwe Ukuta Azikiwe, who represented Governor Ifeanyi Ugwanyi described the gathering as a celebration of friendship among the people of South- South, South West, Middle Belt and the South East. Ugwuanyi said that restructuring would enable the regions to unleash their potentials for the growth and development of country.
- “We Are Ready To Produce The Next President Of Nigeria” – Aegis of Middle Belt Youth Forum
- ”We Will Not Rest Until Nnamdi Kanu Is Released” – IPOB Women Shouts At The ‘Handshake Across The Niger’ Summit In Enugu (VIDEO)
- If Northern Youths Are Sending Igbos Away From The North, We Are Ready To Offer Them Accommodation In Our Land – Middle Belts
- If You Want Fani Kayode To Stop Talking Tell Buhari To Stop The Bloodshed In Nigeria – SAMBAY Youths Warns Arewa
- Nigeria Has Changed Because Of Biafra Agitation – Nnamdi Kanu
- Nnamdi Kanu & Biafra Agitators Are Only Blackmailing Nigeria To Give Them Presidency – Arewa Chieftain
- Go After Hate Agitators Before They Divide Nigeria – Eze Ndigbo In Thailand Tells FG