Excerpt From Yakasai’s Interview With Vanguardngr
You hardly criticise President Buhari’s style of governance these days, is it that the government has bought you over?
(Hearty laughter). Well go and get money for me, and I will take it. I’m 92 now, and if at 92, I cannot use my common sense when will I deploy it again? When I made that statement against Buhari, it was attack from left right and centre, insult here and there, particularly from this part of the country. Since then, I have kept quiet because I knew I would be vindicated one day. I don’t have any more to add.
What I said is now confirmed by events. What I said then was that President Buhari was not prepared to govern and that his party has no programme for Nigeria, and it happened.
Why should I waste my time anymore? I said it; you have seen and every other Nigerian has seen it. Why can’t I rest and I deserve some rest, and I will allow them to do the talking.
I did the talking when it was necessary for me to do and now, it is no longer necessary because Nigerians are doing the talking now.
I believe there are five important ingredients necessary for successful political leadership, and these include capacity, competence, vision, planning and integrity.
In my opinion, our present national leadership is totally lacking those ingredients.
All of them are inherent, they cannot be bought or borrowed, and nobody can change the situation for the better, we have to live with it to the end.
- Buhari Is Resting Today, He Is Taking The Advice Of His Doctors – Lai Mohammed
- Buhari Will Not Force Himself To Work When He Is Not Fit To Work – Lai Mohammed
- EXPOSED! Primate Ayodele Reveals The People Who Want To Kill Buhari
- 2019: I Have Unfinished Business – Buhari
- We Have A Sick President – APC Chieftain
- ”Go & Take A Rest, Don’t Think Of 2019 Presidency” – Wole Soyinka Tells Buhari (WATCH VIDEO)
- Biafra: What Buhari Plans To Do To Igbos – Fani Kayode