How To Pay Tv Licence In Ghana…How To Register & Pay Tv Licence With Your Mobile Phone.. TV licensing Act 1966 (NLCD 89) as amended, directs that a “a person shall not install or use a Television receiving set unless there is an existence in relation to that set a valid television receiving set licence by the licensing authority under this Act.” Section 1Loading...
The Act also directs that “a person shall not carry on the business of selling, hiring or otherwise disposing of television receiving sets or of repairing television sets unless that person holds a valid dealers’ licence, granted by the licensing authority in relation to the respective business.”
Benefits Of Paying And Reasons For Paying The TV Licence Fee In Ghana
- Fund Public Service Broadcasting
- Maintain, rehabilitate and replacement of transmitting equipment (Television & Radio)
- Provide Studio Class Rooms for BECE and WAECE students across the nation, to enable students in deprived schools to also access quality education
- Rehabilitate Studios and Offices
- Reduce Government support to GBC
- Promote and maintain the culture and languages of Ghana
- Preserve historical films and programmes depicting the history and the heritage of Ghanaians
- Establishment of Community Radio and Television Stations in the Districts of Ghana
- Market and advertise Ghana to the world
- Improve general broadcasting in Ghana etc.
Implications of Special TV license court
Following the setting up of the special court, it is expected that defaulting TV owners or operators will be prosecuted per Section 1(a) of the TV licensing Act 1966 (NLCD 89).
It says, “Any person who contravenes any provision of this law or regulation shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year.”
GBC officially reintroduced the collection of the TV Licence fees in 2015 after years of putting it on hold due to non-payments.
Domestic TV users are to pay between GH¢36 and GH¢60 for one or more TV sets in a household while TV set repairers and sales outlets are to pay an annual sum of between GHc60 to GHc240.
Commercial TV operators are to pay GHc36 per annum for each TV set.
WHEN IS A TELEVISION LICENCE PAYABLE, AND FOR HOW LONG IS A LICENCE VALID?
A television licence is payable annually. The TV licence is an annual licence which covers the period 1st January – 31st December of each year.
WHAT ARE THE ANNUAL/MONTHLY LICENCE FEE?
One TV Set – GH¢36.00 per household,
Two Sets or More – GH¢60.00 per household
Users – GH¢3.00 Monthly/Per Set
GH¢36.00 Per Annum/Per Set
Repairers – GH¢5.00 Monthly/Per Outlet
GH¢60.00 Per Annum/Per Outlet
Retailers/Sales Outlets – GH¢20.00 Monthly/Per Outlet
GH¢240.00 Per Annum/Per Outlet
WHAT DO I NEED WHEN RENEWING MY LICENCE?
On renewal, you need to submit details of ownership of your TV set(s). You will also have to complete the Form 10 as provided for in the Regulations. This form is also provided for the electronic registration on the GBC website (tvlicence.com.gh). Find copy as attachment A.
WHERE SHOULD I PAY TV LICENCE FEE IN GHANA?
At designated pay points and Banks; or to an approved authorized agent or agency of GBC. Details of payment options and pay points have been published separately.???
- The following Pay Points are now operational:
- GBC Head Office – Kanda
- All GBC Regional Offices/Radio Stations
- GBC Mobile Branded Collection Teams
- Ghana Post Offices (366 in number)
- All Banks on e-Transact
- Other Banks not on e-Transact
- Mobile Money Transfer
- Other Payment Options
- Electronic Card – ( Visa & Master Cards)
How To Pay Tv Licence In Ghana Online
Paying for Tv licence in Ghana online is not as difficult as you think you just need the following..
– Visa Card
If you got the following listed above then visit www.tvlicence.com.gh/
- Click on ”Pay for a Tv licence online
- Enter Your Licence ID to Verify.
- Once you have verified your account.
- Then Enter your card details and click submit button
How To Register & Pay Tv Licence With Your Mobile Phone
Text to short code *718*28# and follow the instructions to register and pay Tv licence with MTN Mobile Money, Tigo Cash, and Airtel Cash.
Searches related to how to pay tv licence in ghana
Tv license law in ghana
Tv license registration
Gtv tv license
Gbc tv license
Tv license act
Obonu tv contact
Gbc news today
Ghana broadcasting corporation
- Top 10 Radio Stations In Ghana To Listen To Everyday & Their Frequency
- Checkout 9mobile Latest Cheap New Data Plans For Android, Iphone & PC For The Month Of September
- List Of New Cable Tv In Nigeria
- 9mobile Cheap Monthly Data Bundle Plans & Their Subscription Codes
- Infinix Note 4 & Note 4 Pro Price In Ghana + Specs & Features
- How To Activate 9mobile Night Plan 60gb For 2000
- List Of 4G Networks In Ghana