Ex Governor of old Kaduna State, Lawal Kait dies at 86 after a prolonged illness.
He passed away on Tuesday in Abuja at about 5 P.M.
A security aide at his Katsina GRA residence said family members were still being expected as at 8p.m on Tuesday for burial arrangements. Another source said the late governor is expected to be buried in Katsina on Wednesday.
Lawal Kaita was governor of defunct Kaduna State from October to December 1983. The late governor had health challenges late last year, a development which made him to be admitted at the Federal Medical Centre, Katsina, for some time.
Meanwhile, Governor Aminu Masari of Katsina State has expressed sadness over Kaita’s death. Governor Masari, in a statement signed by his Senior Special Assistant on Media, Abdu Labaran Malumfashi, described the deceased as one of the most accommodating, generous and refined politicians the nation has produced.
- See Burial Pictures Of Beautiful Hajiya Hadiza Sule Lamido As She Is Led To Rest Today
- JUST IN: Ex Minister Of Works & Housing, Hassan Lawal, Is Dead
- BREAKING: Former Chief Justice Of Nigeria Aloysious Katsina-Alu, Is Dead
- Pictures & Update From Kaduna State Killing & Crisis Today [+ VIDEOS]
- Oh No!! Kastina State Governor’s Aide Abdullahi Darma, Mistakenly Crushes His Daughter To Death (Photos)
- Dead Body Of Unidentified Man In Kastina Found At The Bank Of A River In Rimi Local Government Area (Photos)
- Osun Governor, Aregbesola Loses Mother (Photo)