The Convener, Coalition of Northern Politicians, Academics, Professionals and Businessmen, Dr. Junaid Mohammed has asked President Buhari and the people working with him to learn how to tell Nigerians the Truth.
Junaid stated this during an interview with JOHN ALECHENU.
Read excerpts from the interview
What are your expectations of his government in 2018?
I have to be very modest; I don’t have much expectation from this government. The least I expect is for them to learn to tell the truth. Tell the truth to the people of this country, we are a mature people; we are educated people who expect to be told the truth and not to be lied to. We expect also that when people are not performing, they should be sacked.
When they are not sacked, it means that somebody does not know what he was up to when he was elected. I sincerely hope that if they get the opportunity for the rest of 2018 and the few months leading to the elections in 2019, something must be demonstrably done well so that the people can rediscover themselves and probably they can redeem themselves.
As things are now, the people don’t believe in this government. The whole of this year has been spent lying about wanting to change ministers and some people in some key positions who have been found wanting, nothing happened in this direction. These people are sitting tight and engaging in their corruption while we are making a lot of noise about fighting corruption.
The Boko Haram which they claimed has been defeated has come back and virtually everyday people are being killed in the area of operation and no explanation is coming from the government.
- When I Seat In My House, I Feel That Nigerians Owe A Lot For Bringing Out Of Jonathan’s Government – Amaechi
- We Thought Buhari Was Saying The Truth, We Didn’t Elect Him For Jokes – APC Senator, Kanti Bello
- Nov. 18: Anambra Election Will Hold, FG Will Provide Enough Security – APC Governorship Candidate, Moghalu
- Jonathan Would Have Been In Power Today If He… – APC Chairman, Oyegun
- Nigerians Must Understand The Different Democratic & Military Regime – Buhari
- ”Stop Mocking Us” – Lai Mohammed Begs Media
- 4 Reasons Why President Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Fight May Not Work In Nigeria