The Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) is the main examination that is used to give students admission into secondary or vocational schools in Ghana. It is written after three years of junior high school education.
BASIC EDUCATION CERTIFICATION EXAMINATION (BECE)
To transit from the ninth year of the basic education class to the senior secondary, the BECE is conducted for candidates in their third year of the Junior Secondary School.
While each state of the federation and the FCT conducts the BECE for its candidates, NECO conducts the BECE for Federal Unity Colleges, Armed Forces Secondary Schools and other Federal establishments operating Secondary schools. Private Secondary schools also take part in the NECO BECE provided they are permitted by their State Ministries of Education. Eighteen subjects are administered at the BECE level.
A candidate is expected to sit for a maximum of ten subjects. A candidate is deemed to have passed the BECE if he/she has passes in six subjects including English and Mathematics.
BECE Grading System 2018
The grading system is as follows:
A – Distinction
B – Upper Credit
C – Lower Credit
P – Pass
F – Fail
BECE Guidelines 2018
Click the link below to download the BECE Examination Guidelines. Download Guideline here ››
BECE Timetable 2018
Click the link below to download the BECE Examination time table. Download Timetable here ››
- Federal Unity Colleges Scheme Of Work For BECE 2018/2019
- Is 2018 Bece Mock Exam Out – Have Any Idea Please Drop It Here
- 2017/2018 WAEC Ghana BECE Results Statistics – 3,315 Results Withheld
- FG Reduces JAMB Form Price To N3,500, NECO – N9,850 & BECE – N4,000
- NECO SSCE External Exam 2017 | Senior School Certificate Examination 2017 Registration Is On-going.. See Details
- GES Ghana Education Service Has Released 2017 BECE Placements – Checkout Here (www.myjhsresult.net)
- Checkout CSSPS Ghana Education Service Placement For 2017