Search Anything Below (Songs, Videos, Albums, Gqom, Amapiano)
Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed has stated that the successful conduct of the governorship election in Anambra state last Saturday shows that the Nnamdi Kanu-led Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, is dead and gone.
According to the Information Minister, the turnout of voters during the polls has diminished the IPOB.
Lai Mohammed said this while addressing reporters in Abuja, the nation’s capital on Wednesday, against reported call by the pro-Biafra group for indigenes to stay away on the election day.
His words, “I think what that proved really is that IPOB does not represent the good people of Anambra or any state in the South East.
He said the IPOB propaganda about the election really showed that they are not on ground.
“The people of Anambra have shown that there is no alternative to democracy and that they believe in one Nigeria and federal system of government. If there are issues to be resolved, let us resolve it. But terrorism and separatism is not the answer.
“I think the Anambra election has sounded the death knell on IPOB because they said election will never hold. The election has come and gone, the turnout was quite reasonable.
“Every party competed very competitively and at the end of the day, the people of Anambra have decided who is going to be their governor.”
- Biafra: Anambra Election Must Hold, No Group Can Stop It – Police Warns IPOB
- Anambra Election Was Successfully Boycotted, 2019 Will Be Worse Than What Happened On Nov 18 – IPOB
- 2019: Build More Prisons To Jail All Biafrans, We Will Not Vote For Any President, No Senator, House Of Reps.. Election Will Hold – Nnamdi Kanu Blows Hot
- Nnamdi Kanu Is Hiding – Lai Mohammed
- People Like Us Don’t Come Twice, Biafra Must Be Restored – Nnamdi Kanu