His girlfriend, Maria Montero, was not wearing a seatbelt at the time and was thrown from the vehicle during the collision.
Tay pleaded guilty to causing death by dangerous driving as well as driving an uninsured vehicle.
He was sentenced to five years in prison and disqualified from driving for four and a half years at Kingston Crown Court on Monday.
- Nigerian Woman Faces Jail sentence for Leaving An Autistic Lady, while she went shopping In UK (Photos)
- 63yr-old Barbara Coombes Has Been Jailed For Nine Years For Killing Her Father
- Lillian Rukundo Masturbation Video Lands Her In Prison, Pleads Guilty
- Pictures Of Ruth Kamande, The Beauty Queen Sentenced To Death In Kenya
- ”I Am Guilty” – Notorious Kidnapper, Evans
- William Billingham Has Been Jailed For 27 Years For Alleged Stabbing Of His Daughter To Death (Pictures)
- See How Police Officers Escaped Death In Third Mainland Crash