10 Importance Of Agriculture In Nigeria….
Agriculture in Nigeria is a branch of the economy in Nigeria, providing employment for about 30% of the population as of 2010. The sector is being transformed by commercialization at the small, medium and large-scale enterprise levels.
10 Importance Of Agriculture In Nigeria
Provision of food and raw materials through development of agriculture to the Nigeria teaming population and the development of the manufacturing sector respectively. Which in turn will also discourage heavy dependence on importation.
Agriculture sector is also capable of reducing the country’s level of unemployment on the account that the sector is labour intensive.
Agriculture will also curb the effect of rural-urban migration which will help to decongest the urban areas and make life easier for people both in the rural or urban area.
Agriculture will also help the government to make more effort in developing the degrading infrastructural facilities throughout the nation in attempt to ease movement of goods from one location to the other, likewise for preservation of Agricultural output.
Development of the Agriculture sector will also help in improving other sectors and thereby curbing the level of the existing corruption in the country.
it will attract Foreign Direct Investment
it will reduce poverty
it will also reduce the country level of unemployment
it will reduce government reliance on crude oil
it will also help to strengthen the Naira against Dollar through Favorable Balance of Payment
- List Of Top 20 Crops Grown In Nigeria
- Requirements For Poultry Farming In Nigeria | Poultry Equipments In Nigeria
- World Billionaire, Bill Gates To Repay Nigeria’s $76m Polio Debt
- Non Governmental Proffessionals Praises FG On New Petroleum Policy In Oil sector
- Agricultural Grants In Nigeria 2018 – Important Things You Need To Know
- FG Approves The Commencement Of Privatization Of Afam Power Plants Into The National Grid
- Latest Prices Of Foodstuffs In Nigeria In This Month Of September 2017