Former Abia state Governor Orji Uzor Kalu has stated President Buhari is not afraid of any candidate that will face him come 2019 election rather he will like his popularity to be tested.
Buhari has yet to officially decide to run for presidency in 2019.
The APC stalwart said Buhari is fit and should complete for a second term in office.
According to Kalu, who made this known on Channels TV’s Sunday Politics, Buhari is the best candidate for the job.
Furthermore, Kalu said the president commands 10m voters in the country and will win any election by landslide if he ever declares interest.
He said Buhari is willing to challenge any candidate for the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) ticket and is not banking on automatic ticket.
On the resignation of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar from the APC, Kalu said Atiku’s resignation will not affect the party.
The former governor says he is still friends with Atiku and that people are free to be in any party they want.
Buhari is a democrat to the heart – Orji Uzor Kalu.
— Adetutu Balogun (@Tutsy22) November 26, 2017
- Buhari Would Win Atiku Anywhere, Any Day, Anytime – Unongo
- 2019: Orji Uzor Kalu For Senate (Campaign Photo)
- Bishop Oyedepo, Kukah, Sheik Gumi, Atiku, Obasanjo Meets In Abeokuta (Photos)
- ”Accept My Sympathy For Losing Atiku” – Buhari Tells APC Chairman, Oyegun
- 6 Reasons President Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019
- Thank You For Picking Me – Atiku Tells Obasanjo
- For Attacking Atiku, Nigerians Dug Up Photo Of El-rufai Kneeling Before Atiku