Robert Mugabe’s finance minister has been admitted to a hospital after beatings he received in military custody, his lawyer has told Reuters news agency.
Ignatius Chombo was detained when the military took over Zimbabwe last week in events that eventually led to Mugabe resigning as president.
His lawyer Lovemore Madhuku, says he has injuries to his hands, legs and back and was blindfolded throughout his week in custody. The politician had been accused of corruption and abuse of power relating to his time as local government minister more than a decade ago, he said.
- Nigerians Cannot Pick 2 or 3 Cases & Conclude That Buhari’s Government Is A Government Of Impunity – Li Mohammed
- 2019: Go Back To Your Farm – Arewa Youths To Buhari
- You Are A Noisemaker.. Who Will Make You President – Buahri’s Minister And Sowore Exchange Words Inside Radio House
- Who Composed The Ghana National Pledge?
- Nobody Wants To Accept Shiite Leader, El-Zakzaky As A Neighbor – Lai Mohammed
- Where Is Your Brain – Fani Kayode To PMB
- Breaking News!! Former Internal Affairs Minister, General John Shagaya Dies In A Fatal Accident (Photos)