Emmerson Mnangagwa, the former Zimbabwean vice president, who was sacked by Robert Mugabe, would be sworn in as the new president today to replace Mr. Mugabe who resigned on Tuesday afternoon after 37-years in office.
The 75-year-old was removed from office and exiled 13 days after Mugabe accused him of disloyalty and insubordination. Mugabe had reportedly taken the action to pave way for his wife, Grace, to emerge as the new leader of ruling Zanu-PF ahead of the country’s general election next year.
Mnangagwa is said to be popular amongst the powerful War Veterans group and the Zimbabwean military chiefs and he’ll over see a democratic election come 2018.
- ”I Will Not Step Down” – Mugabe Vows
- My Internal Organs Are Very Firm & Strong… Am Not Stepping Down – 93-year-old Zimbabwean President, Mugabe
- Funny!! Zimbabwe’s President Robert Mugabe Appoints Minister Of Facebook & Whatsapp To Monitor The Social Media
- Zimbabwean Opposition Leader‚ Joice Mujuru Attacked (DETAILS)
- 93yr-Old Zimbabwe President, Robert Mugabe Caught Sleeping As Wife Chastises His Spokesperson (Photo)
- Mugabe Is Not Sleeping When He Closes His Eyes At Public Events – Spokesman
- Mugabe Caught Sleeping While Important Issues Were Being Discussed (Photos)