The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a Nigerian entrance examination board for tertiary-level institutions.
The board conducts entrance examinations for prospective undergraduates into Nigerian universities and other tertiary institutions.
For one to pass Jamb exams you need to go through last past question which is most likely possible to contain all the questions that will be asked during the exams.
Atimes jamb do repeat their questions the reason to this i don’t know but 60 out of 100 question you will meet this 2018 JAMB exams are likely going to be a repeat of 2017 questions, so this tutorial is expected to be a helpful guide to prepare you for the exams ahead of the time stipulated.
Often times majority of students sitting for JAMB and other examination think that Jamb is hard, but it’s simple as ABC only if you know jamb tricks of confusing students yearly.
You don’t need to cheat before you can pass JAMB, come let me show you how to pass jamb using past questions and memorizing it to your advantage.
Schols.com.ng is here again to open your eyes and stop you from spending unnecessary money yearly.
Few Past questions to help get prepared for JAMB 2018 Physics Exams
1. A satellite is in a parking orbit if its period is
A. More than the period of the earth
B. Equal to the period of the earth
C. The square of the period of the earth
D. Less than the period of the earth
READ JAMB 2018/2019 Registration Form is Out Online – See New Guidelines and Registration Details
2. What does not drop through an open umbrella of silk material unless the inside of the umbrella is touched
A. Osmotic pressure
C. Surface tension
3. A bead traveling on a straight wire is brought to rest at 0.2m by friction. If the mass of the bead is 0.01kg and the coefficient of friction between the bead and the wire is 0.1, determine the work done by the friction
A. 2 x 10-3J
B. 2 x 102J
C. 2 x 10-4J
D. 2 x 101J [g= 10ms-2]
4. The stylus of a phonograph record exerts a force of 77. x 10-2N on a groove of radius 10-5m. Compute the pressure exerted by the stylus on the groove.
A. 2.42 x 109 Nm-2
B. 4.90 x 108Nm-2
C. 2.45 x 108Nm-2
D. 3.45 x 108Nm-2
5. A piece of stone attached to one end of a string is whirled round in a horizontal circle and the string suddenly cuts. The stone will fly off in a direction.
A. Tangential to the circular path
B. Perpendicular to the circular path
C. Towards the centre of the circle
D. Parallel to the circular path.
JAMB Physics Questions 2017 | Check Physics Random Repeated Questions Here
6. A test tube of radius 1.0cm is loaded to 8.8g. If it is placed upright in water, find the depth to which it would sink.
A. 25.2 cm
B. 2.8 cm
C. 28.0 cm
D. 5.2 cm [g = 10ms-2 density of water 1 000kgm-3].
7. A 90cm uniform lever has a load of 30N suspended at 15cm from one of its ends. If the fulcrum is at the centre of gravity, the force that must be applied at its other end to keep it in horizontal equilibrium is
A. 20 N
B. 30 N
C. 60 N
D. 15 N
8. On top of a spiral spring of force constant 500 Nm-1 is placed a mass of 5 x 10-3kg. If the spring is compressed downwards by a length of 0.02m and then released, calculate the height to which the mass is projected
A. 2 m
B. 8 m
C. 1 m
D. 4 m
9. A hose of cross-sectional area 0.5m2 is used to discharge water from a water thank at a velocity of 60ms-1 in 20s into a container. If the container is filled completely, the volume of the container is
A. 600 m3
B. 6 000 m3
C. 240 m3
D. 2 400 m3
10. A force of 100N is used to kick a football of mass 0.8kg. Find the velocity with which the ball moves if it takes 0.8s to be kicked.
For Chemistry Questions And Answer
CHEMISTRY 2018 Possible JAMB hi questions and answers
- CO(g) + H2O(g) → CO2(g) + H2(g). From the equation above calculate the standard heat change if the standard enthalpies of formation of CO2(g), H2O(g) and CO(g) in Kj mol-1 are -394, -242 and -110 respectively
A. +42kJ mol-1
B. -262kJ mol-1
C. -42kJ mol-1 ✔
D. +262kJ mol-1
- When sugar is dissolve in tea, the reaction is accomplished by
A. a minimum entropy change
B. no entropy change✔
C. positive change
D. negative entropy change
- MnO4(aq) + 8H+(aq) + Y? Mn2+(aq) + 4H2O(l). Y in the equation above represents
- If an equilibrium reaction has ΔH > 0, the reaction will proceed favourably in the forward direction at
A. low temperature
B. high temperature✔
C. any temperature
D. minimum temperature
- In which order are the following salts sensitive to light?
A. Agl > AgCl > AgBr
B. AgBr > AgCl > Agl
C. AgCl > Agl > AgBr
D. AgCl > AgBr > Agl✔
- Which of the following represents hybridization in ethyne?
- PCl5(g)= PCl3(g) + Cl2(g)
In the reaction above, a decrease in pressure will
A. Increase yield of Pcl3
B. Accurate the reaction
C. Increase the yield of Pcl5✔
D. Decelerate the reaction
- N2O4(g)⇔ 2NO2(g)
In the endothermic reaction above, more products formed will be favored by
A. an increase in pressure
B. a constant values
C. a decrease volume
D. a decrease pressure✔
- N2(g) + O2(g) ⇔ 2NO(g); ΔH = + 180.6Kj mol-1
In the reaction above, increase in temperature will
A. decrease the quantity of O2
B. increase the quantity of N2
C. increase the yield of NO✔
D. decrease the yield of NO
- Which of the following best explains the increase in the rate of a chemical reaction as the temperature rises?
A. The molecular collisions become more violent
B. The bonds in the reacting molecules are more readily broken
C. The collision frequency of the molecules increases✔
D. lower proportion of the molecules has the necessary minimum energy to react
- NH3(g) + HCl(g) → NH4Cl(s) The entropy change in the system above is
- knowledge of half-life can be used to
A. Detect an element✔
B. irradiate an element
C. Create an element
D. split an element
- A common characteristics of copper and silver in their usage as coinage metals is that they
A. are not easily reduced
B. are not easily oxidized✔
C. have high metallic lustre
D. are easily oxidized
- Tartaric acid is used industrially to
A. make fruit juice✔
B. make baking powder
C. remove rust
D. dry substance
- Which of the following salts will turn blue litmus paper red
A. potassium hydrogen tetra-oxosulphate (VI)✔
B. sodium tetra-hydroxozincate(II)
C. Zinc chloride hydroxide
D. sodium trioxocarbonate(IV)
- A gas that is not associated with global warming is
- Fermentation is the
A. breaking down of carbohydrate to glucose
B. breaking down of sugar to carbohydrate
C. conversion of sugar to alcohol in the presence of yeast✔
D. conversion of alcohol to sugar in the presence of yeast
READ ALSO : 2017 JAMB Statistics : Top 10 States with Highest Number of Applicants
- What is the decrease in volume of air when pyrogallol is shaken with 30.00cm3 of air?
- A form of carbon used for absorbing poisonous gases and purification of noble gases is
D. carbon fibres
- Water molecules can be ligands especially when they are bonded to
A.group VII elements
D. alkaline earth metals