Four suspects who allegedly killed a supporter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Festac, Emmanuel Ubah alias Onwa have been arrested. The suspects were apprehended by operatives of the Inspector-General of Police’ (IGP) Intelligence Response Team (IRT)…
Ubah, the head of Community Policing Youth Vanguard (CPYV) in Amuwo Odofin Local Government Area (LGA) was shot dead on the eve of council elections in July.
He was shot four times on the head while inside his by assailants, who threw all his mobile phones into the canal.
Onwa’s death sparked outrage in Amuwo Odofin, with his friends and associates insisting that it was politically motivated.
After months of tracking the culprits, the police Monday paraded Michael Fashola, Mufutau Tokosi alias TK, Abidemi Adeleye alias Baido and Fatai Onifade alias Apashe.
The suspects were said to have been contracted to kill Ubah but they denied the allegation, insisting that they murdered him because they felt threatened by his influence in the area.
It was gathered that the suspects, who fled to Cotonou after allegedly committing the offence, later had a disagreement on the balance of their payment.
They were said to have been embroiled in fights with Onifade, who was allegedly their link to the person who ordered the murder.
Parading the suspects, acting Police Commissioner Imohimi Edgal said a Barreta Pistol, two live ammunition and one pump action gun were recovered from them.
- Businessman And Politician, Mr Emmanuel Ubah’s Suspected Killers Have Been Arraigned Before A Court In Lagos
- Wicked World: Boy Kidnapped And Killed By Sister’s Husband In Kano Because Of N2million (Graphic Photos)
- I Will Never Be Cowed.. I Will Fight You All With The Last Drop Of Blood In My Body – Dino Melaye To FG
- Philippians Controversial Mayor Antonio Halili Shot Dead
- Ekwulobia Killing: IPOB Releases Statement, Calls Governor Obiano ”A Murderer”
- Offa Robbery: Saraki Still Under Investigation – Police
- Notorious Kidnapper Makes Shocking Confessions, Reveals How Much Each Of His Victims Paid & Their Names