Latest report coming from Portharcourt this afternoon is that a dreaded and notorious militant leader from Omoku, Rivers State, known as Ejima IGWE Dibia a.k.a “Don wanni” is reported dead.
Suanu’s Blog gathered that he was said to have been killed by a combined force of OSPAC (Onelga Security outfit) and Security Agents in the state.
Don Wanni who was among gang leaders who recently accepted the amnesty granted by Gov.Nyesom Wike has been repeatedly accused of returning to crime and been responsible for several criminal acts and killings in the Omoku neighbourhood.
Few weeks ago, the Caretaker Committee Chairman of Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Govt. Council (ONELGA) Hon.(Barr.) Osi Olisa in a statement had condemned the dastardly killing of two OSPAC personnel and a civilian in Okposi and Omoku respectively, describing it as “vicious and despicable “.
The statement had also accused Don Wanni and “forces” loyal to him of being behind the violent attack, and urged OSPAC and other security outfits to get to the bottom of the matter.
These attacks on the security outfit, led to a manhunt for him. A confrontation with his gang led to his eventual death and three members of his gang at about 8:45pm on sunday.
Meanwhile, indigenes and residents of Omoku have greeted the reports of Don Wanni’s death with lots of excitement as they trooped into the council secretariat where his dead body was kept to confirm his final exit.
Believed to be a henchman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP in Rivers State, Don Wanni has been alleged to be responsible for the killing of several rivers indigenes, amongst them were, one Chief Adube and his three children, the beheading of Franklyn Obi and the killing of his wife and son, the murder of several APC Members and the arson on the home of Hon Vincent Ogbuagu, as well as several others in and around Omoku in Ogba /Egbema/ Ndoni LGA of Rivers State.
Before his sudden death, he was a chieftaincy title holder in his place and lived a life full of luxury in his gigantic mansion.
Although, his death has been confirmed by the Caretaker Committee Chairman, Osi Olisa, his corpse have been kept in secrecy as at the time of filing this report even as residents besiege the council secretariat enmass.
- Notorious Militant In Rivers State, Don Wanny Is Alive Not Dead
- See The Face Of Don Wanny’s Younger Brother, Obata Osu, Who Have Been Declared Wanted (Photos)
- Masquerades Join APC Party Members To Welcome Defectors From PDP In Rivers (Photos)
- 9 Human Skulls, Soldiers Uniforms And Guns Where Recovered From The Notorious Ex-militant Don Wanny’s Multi-million Naira Estate In River State (Photos)
- Okorocha Granted Amnesty To Don Waney Cultist Group Who Have Been Declared Wanted In Rivers State – Wike
- Governor Wike Places N200 Million Bounty On Perpetrators Of New Year Day Killing
- Breaking: One Shot Dead, Others Injured As Violence Breaks Out At APC Secretariat In Rivers State (Photos)