According to reports filtering in from Harare, Zimbabwean leader, Robert Mugabe, has been removed from office in a bloodless military coup which brought to an end his 37-year rule. Soldiers took control of Zimbabwe’s ZBC state broadcaster in the early hours of Wednesday, and said the 93-year-old leader was “safe and sound” after the army seized power overnight with gunshots and explosions heard in the capital..
The soldiers even made police officers to sit down in an orderly line on the side of the road after taking control.
The vice president E.D Mnangagwa who was sacked by Mugabe – has landed at Manyame Air Force Base in Harare, Zimbabwe capital to take charge of affairs.
Mugabe was arrested along with his wife by the army in the capital Harare.
Multiple reports have it that Mugabe is now preparing to step down and has also made negotiations for his wife Grace to leave the country.
- President Mugabe’s Wife Grace Quotes Biblical Scriptures To Prove That Her Husband Is Prophet Gabriel
- UPDATE: President Robert Mugabe Under House Arrest As Military Takes Over His Government
- President Robert Mugabe Caught Sleeping While His Was Busy Campaigning For Next Presidential Election (Photo)
- Grace Mugabe Sues A Lebanese Businessman For Failing Reach Agreement On $1.35million Diamond Wedding Ring
- Area Boy Youth Leader In Chibade Village Shot Dead By Malawi Soldiers
- Zimbabwe Police Gathers Investigators To Find Out What Is Behind Long Ailment Of Vice President Emmerson Mnangagwa
- OMG!! Hotel waitress loses baby after Grace Mugabe’s hotel rampage (See Photos)