Checkout the Current State of Kogi State , Pictures from the Ongoing Curfew Day , Also see the Reactions of the Citizens as shared Online.
Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State has declared an emergency curfew of 24 hours on five local government areas of the state.
The affected LGAs are Adavi, Ajaokuta, Okene, Okehi and Ogori/Magongo, all in the central senatorial district of the state.
Though no reason was given for the declaration, it is believed to be as a result of security issues which have been recorded in the areas in the last few months.
It would be recalled that only recently, a police station was burnt, some security operatives killed, and a labour leader, Abdulmumini Yakub, was assassinated in the state. Governor, Mrs Petra Onyegbule announcing the curfew, reads in part, “This is a notice of a 24-hour curfew imposed on residents of the 5 Local Government Areas of Central Senatorial District beginning from midnight (already commenced).
“This curfew will last for 24 hours and it is absolute. No movement whatsoever shall be allowed.
- BREAKING: Dino Melaye Wins Kogi PDP Senatorial Primary Election
- 9 Human Skulls, Soldiers Uniforms And Guns Where Recovered From The Notorious Ex-militant Don Wanny’s Multi-million Naira Estate In River State (Photos)
- The North Says What Happens In Nigeria – Annkio Briggs
- Okorocha Granted Amnesty To Don Waney Cultist Group Who Have Been Declared Wanted In Rivers State – Wike
- Victims Of Fulani Herdsmen Should Be Buried In Aso Rock (The Presidential Seat Of Power) – Shehu Sani
- What Lead To Jos Curfew On September 2017
- Top 10 Largest State In Nigeria