President Olusegun Obasanjo has been appointed into the United Nations (UN) High-Level Advisory Board on Mediation along with 17 other current and former global leaders.
The Secretary-General, Antonio Gutierrez, in September announced the establishment of the board to provide him with advice on mediation initiatives, back specific mediation efforts around the world.
The Board is expected to allow the UN to work more effectively with regional organizations, non-governmental groups and others involved in mediation around the world.
In the announcement of the appointments, the world body described Obasanjo as one of the most distinguished elder statesmen of Africa.
- Why Obasanjo Will Go To Liberia – UN
- Will Buhari Meet Donald Trump? Buhari Departs For New York Sunday To Address UN General Assembly
- Breaking News: President Buhari Appoints Ahmed Rufai Abubakar As New DG Of NIA
- Obasanjo Will Come Out With A Rotten Mouth , When He Was Released From Prison, You Will Not Allow Him To Sit Beside You – Fayose
- Nigerians Should Not Expect Buhari To Be Perfect – Orji Uzor Kalu
- My Worry Is About Youth Anger And Frustration Going Into Explosion – Obasanjo
- Brief Profile Of Ahmed Rufai Abubakar, The New DG Of National Intelligence Agency (NIA)