American superstar musician Beyonce will voice Nala alongside Donald Glover who will provide the voice for Simba.
Her long-rumoured involvement in the film was confirmed via her Facebook page on Wednesday, as well as a tweet from the official Disney account.
Her co-stars include Seth Rogan as Pumba the warthog and Chiwetel Ejiofor as Scar.
James Earl Jones, who played Mufasa in the 1994 original, will reprise the role.
British comedian John Oliver, who hosts the political talk-show Last Week Tonight in the US, will voice Zazu. The hornbill was voiced by Rowan Atkinson in the original film.
The film is scheduled for release in July 2019 and will be directed by Jon Favreau, who was also behind The Jungle Book remake.
He said: “It is a director’s dream to assemble a talented team like this to bring this classic story to life.”
Robert Guillaume, who played Rafiki in the original film, died last week aged 89 after a battle with prostate cancer.
- who is the voice in field of dreams
- Names Of 5 Nigerian Movies Listed For Paris Awards
- Remember The Beasts Of No Nation Movie Star ”Agu”? Here Is His New Look (Photos)
- Biography & Profile Of Andre Blaze, The Voice Behind Big Brother Naija 2018 Show
- Nigerian Media Presenter, Stephanie Coker Shares Her Blonde Looks In New Photos
- Peter Okoye Goes Into Acting, To Feature In A New Movie – ”Lion Heart”
- Watch As Actress Juno Temple Strips Completely Naked For A Sex Scene with a married teacher In New Film One Percent More Humid