Search Anything Below (Songs, Videos, Albums, Gqom, Amapiano)
Hausas No Longer Need Igbos To Win Elections – Okorocha
Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, has claimed that Igbos play what he termed as the ‘worst politics’ among the ethnic and geopolitical zones in the country.
He stressed that Hausa had realized that they can now win an election without Igbos.
He said, “Igbos have to change their strategy, in order to reclaim their relevance in Nigeria’s power equation. Quote me anywhere, Igbos play the worst politics in Nigeria.
“Today, Hausas have realised they can win an election without Igbos.”
Okorocha, who said this in Owerri, during an interactive session with top media practitioners, also condemned activities of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and reiterated his stance for a united Nigeria.
“Hitherto, Hausa used to think they could not win elections without Igbo.
“Now, they believe with the combined massive populations of Lagos and Kano, they no longer need Igbos to win, hence, the latest alliance between Hausa and Yoruba.
“So, where is Igbo today in Nigerian politics?” he asked rhetorically.
“I’ve always said Igbo have this feeling of abandonment. IPOB would have made better impact if they had operated under any other name other than Biafra, to push their demand for equity in sharing of the nation’s political and economic resources. The call for secession was childish.
“IPOB should have fought their struggle like the Niger Delta youths, Arewa youths and Yoruba group.
“Who is Nnamdi Kanu to ask Rochas to follow him to war?
“Check it out, no Hausa man living in the South East owns a duplex neither can you see a Yoruba man who lives in a room and parlour apartment of his own or an investment worth N20 million.
“But, should Nigeria break up today, Igbos will lose trillions in properties and other investments in Lagos, the North and other parts of the country. This is why we all must condemn IPOB’s call for break up.”
Okorocha said by its struggle for secession, IPOB had created a feeling of distrust in Igbo among other tribes, thus jeopardising the chance of Igbo in the country’s power equation.
“The South South has produced a president, the South West has produced a president and vice president while the North has produced many presidents.
“By political calculation, it was expected that very soon, Igbo would have a chance to produce the president, but, the same Igbo want to break away from Nigeria. Where is our wisdom?
“Regrettably, IPOB activities has created fears in the minds of Hausa and other ethnic nationalities in the country, that, once Igbo becomes president, they would secede.
“So, where are we? This is why I said IPOB were childish in their struggle. We should all condemn the call for secession because if Nigeria breaks up, Igbos will lose.”
- IPOB Should Have Fought The Same Way Arewa Youths Fought – Okorocha
- The Igbo At That Political Event In Jos Started Speaking Hausa… – Uwazuruike
- Why I Don’t Believe In Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Presidency – Obi Of Onitsha, Alfred Nnaemeka Achebe
- Quite Notice: IPOB Should Rebrand To MESON (Movement For The Economic Survival Of Ndigbo) – Okorocha
- Quit Notice: It’s Not The Entire Igbos That Wants To Leave Nigeria- Okorocha
- If You Are A Nigerian You Are Evil And A Child Of Satan – Nnamdi Kanu
- Biafra: What Buhari Plans To Do To Igbos – Fani Kayode
- Biafra: IPOB & MASSOB Succeeded With Their Sit-At-Home Order Because Igbos Want To Avoid Trouble – Okorocha
- Biafra: No Reasonable Igbo Man Will Support Secession – Okorocha Fires Nnamdi Kanu
- You Cannot Give Igbos Order Exercept You Are Elected As Ohanaeze President – Igbos In S/Africa Tells Nnamdi Kanu