Breaking News: One Confirmed Dead After Plane Crashes And Explodes While Landing At The Runway In Caernarfon Airport Noth Wales
Horrified witnesses reported hearing a ‘massive explosion’ as the aircraft hit the runway at Caernarfon Airport at around 6.20pm.
According to an onlooker, the small aircraft had ‘no landing gear’ as it made the approach.
It is said to have bounced back into the air after hitting the ground, before bursting into flames.
A spokesperson for North Wales Police, who attended the scene, confirmed that the pilot died at the scene.
Fire crews and the ambulance service are also at the site.
A witness told the Daily Post she heard a ‘very loud boom’ and saw a ‘massive fireball’.
Another said the aircraft was ‘flying too fast’ as it made the approach.
The airstrip is used for training flights and by the Wales Air Ambulance along with HM Coastguard helicopters operated by Bristow, according to its website.
Chief Inspector Sharon McCairn of North Wales Police said: ‘A cordon is in place around the site and we are urging the public to remain clear of the area to allow the em
- How To Survive A Plane Crash – 5 Sure Tips
- World Cup 2018: Saudi Arabia Soccer Team Escapes Death As Their Plane Catches Fire In Mid Air (Photos)
- JUST IN: Ambulance Explodes At Stobhill Hospital (Photo)
- Plane Crash In Congo Kills 12 People
- KLM Plane hits turbulence near Hong Kong airport 9 Passengers Injured (Watch Video)
- Why Donald Trump’s Tweet About North Korea Won’t Be Removed – Twitter Reveals
- Where Is Enugu State Airport Located