British singer, Melissa Bell from the popular 90s group Soul II Soul has passed away at the age of 53. The singer who was active back in the late 80s into the late 90s, died from complications of Diabetes on Monday.
Her daughter Alexandra Burke, UK X-Factor winner, shared the heartbreaking news on Twitter, saying:
“It is with the heaviest and saddest of hearts that the family inform you our beautiful, funny and loving mum, Melissa Bell has passed away,” Burke wrote. “Our beautiful mother gained her wings on 28th August 2017, a day that has changed our lives forever.
“We will never forget her unconditional love, support, charisma, strength and courage throughout her life,” she continued. “We are eternally proud & thankful to call her our mummy. We would be grateful if you could respect our privacy at this difficult time. Thank you. The Burke Family.”
A 2008 report from The Islington Tribune said she also suffered from kidney disease and regularly needed dialysis.
Melissa’s voice was golden and was part of the Soul II Soul’s 1989 hit video “Wish”
Watch the video below.
- Types Of Family Traits That Exits
- See Burial Poster Of Late Nollywood Actor, Obi Madubogwo To Be Buried On Nov 10 2017
- JUST IN: Aretha Franklin Passes Away (See What Killed Her)
- RIP!! See Dj Olu’s Grave.. Dapo Abiodun’s Son (Photo)
- South African Hip Hop Artists, ProKid Mkhize Is Dead (See What Killed Him)
- Lucky Dube’s Daughter, Bongi Escapes Death, Gets Electrocuted While Performing On Stage In Durban (Photos)
- Swedish DJ Avicii Dead At 28 – What Killed Him?