The Deputy President of the Senate, Ike Ekweremadu, has congratulated the Super Eagles of Nigeria on their comprehensive 4-0 victory over the Indomitable Lions of Cameroon in the 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier, describing it as a befitting Sallah gift to Nigerians.
Ekweremadu, who expressed satisfaction with the performance of the national team in all departments of the game, commended the Eagles for their determination, skills, and team spirit.
He said: “Once again, we saw the Super in our Eagles. We saw determination and the true Nigerian spirit. We saw individual skills, teamwork, and patriotic zeal.
“I congratulate them on this superlative performance as they take another giant step closer to Russia 2018.
“But they must also bear in mind that this is football; it is never over until it is over. I urge them to remain focused and approach every game with the high level of positive attitude, determination, and commitment that they exhibited today, taking no team for granted”.
The Deputy President of the Senate also commended Nigerians, especially the Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Udom Emmanuel, the Minister of Youth and Sports, Solomon Dalung and the good people of Akwa Ibom State for motivating the Super Eagles to one of their best outings in recent times.
He urged Nigerians to keep supporting and praying for the team all the way to the Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- International Friendly: Nigeria Vs Atlético Madrid Match Time, Date & Stadium
- 2 Things That Will Guarantee My Return To Super Eagles – Vincent Enyeama Reveals
- Who Is Esimaje Awani? Meet The Man Who Designed Super Eagles Traditional Wears (Photos)
- World Cup 2018: Senegalese Players Arrive Russia In Traditional Native Attires Just Like Nigeria
- Too Much Money!! Nigeria To Recieve N4.5 Billion From FIFA For Qualifying For Russia World Cup 2018
- VIDEO: Nigeria Vs Cameroon Match Highlights 1st September 2017
- Nigerian Multi Millionaire Mogul Kensington Adebutu Rewards Super Eagles With N50M For Qualifying For World Cup