A militant group in the Niger Delta, Adaka Boro Avengers (ABA), has vowed to make good its earlier threat to declare a republic in the Niger Delta on October 1.
Spokesperson of the group, Edmos Ayayeibo, in a statement, said there was no going back as the Nigerian state had ‘lost its unity’.
“The October 1 declaration of a republic in the Niger Delta is sacrosanct because Nigeria has lost its unity. To save lives on both sides, the Nigerian government should maintain peace, compose themselves or face total war.”
He further stated that the group would fight alongside the Biafra to actualise their dreams.
“Why would the Arewa youths and some northerners called for re-arrest of Nnamdi Kanu knowing what the implications would be. That is not possible and the Nigerian government will never dare it again.
“We the Avengers have always carried out our words. When we said we would crumble the economy, we did it. And now we are asking all northerners and westerners to leave the Niger Delta region for their own good. This is not 2016 and now we have more arsenals, more powerful than the Nigerian government.”
“We are also using this medium to call on all the multinational corporations to leave the region in their own interests and peace; because their continued stay in the region has not done any good to the people of the Niger Delta. Also to the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), kindly withdraw your oil survey teams and your technical workers from our communities, while the tension in the region is boiling up.
“Failure to adhere to these warnings, we shall leave no stone unturned. Because all Avengers groups in the region are united now and our new focus is on any multinational corporations and any NNPC infrastructures, especially the pipelines and NNPC filling stations across the country.”
The group also called on Pan-Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF) to stay away from all matters of the Niger Delta.
“The Federal Government does not recognise you people; and we will no longer listen to you. We thank you for your efforts, especially to Papa E. K. Clark, King Alfred Diete-Spiff and Victor Attah.
“This is because we have seen Nigeria as a failed state. We, Niger Deltans respect you people; save your energy; we will need you people in our country. To the Federal Government of Nigeria don’t try to fight us, because it is totally a missile and chemical war. We have joined hands with Biafra and other foreigners.”
- Breaking: ”We Will No Longer Attack Oil Pipelines” – New Niger Delta Avengers Militants Calls Oil Off War, Reveals Why
- Our Round Of Attacks In The Next Few Days Will Be The Most Deadly – Niger Delta Avengers Declares
- ”We Are Not Biafrans” – Niger Delta Activists, Annkio briggs Declares, Calls For Restructuring
- Tension In Niger Delta As Unknown Militants Attacks Pipelines
- What Will Happen In 2019 Elections If Our Demands Are Not Solved – New Militant Group, WANDE Warns
- Your Meeting With Northern Elders Is A Grand Conspiracy, Any Northerner Found In Niger Delta After October 1 Will Be Treated As An Intruder – Militants Blasts Osinbajo
- We Shall Declare Our Independence October 1, We Are Tired Of Living With The North – Niger Delta Militants