Search Anything Below (Songs, Videos, Albums, Gqom, Amapiano)
President, Ohaneze Youth Council, Okey Isigusoro has revealed details of what they discussed with Arewa youths at the peace meeting between the two groups over the quit notice order.
Isiguzoro also refuted a statement ascribed to him that the leader of Indigenous Peoples of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu was seeking self-recognition with the agitation for secession.
Isiguzoro had been quoted by the President of Arewa Youth Forum, Yerima Shettima as saying that Kanu was seeking recognition at a parley between the two youth groups in Abuja Saturday night which was called to fathom ways of resolving the face-off arising from the quit notice imposed on Ndigbo from the south east resident in the north by a coalition of northern groups.
Reacting to the statement, Isiguzoro said he was quoted out of context.
He said that at no time did he raise any issues on Kanu, IPOB or the Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB at the meeting.
According to him, his take at the meeting was the positions taken to resolve the issue of quit notice.
He said: “I spoke on the quit notice and how to resolve it for everybody to live in peace. That was all. And a committee was set up. There was never a time I mentioned IPOB or MASSOB in my speech.”
Similarly, the Ohaneze Youths in a statement last night added that they would never condemn any moves of self-determination by either IPOB or MASSOB.
It text read thus: “Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council ratifies The Misquote “that The President Of Ohanaeze Youths Said That Nnamdi Kanu Is Seeking Self Recognition.
“The issue of Nnamdi Kanu never came up. We will never condemn the self determination clamourd by IPOB and MASSOB, rather our meeting with Northern Youths under auspices of Arewa Youths was to find a middle ground on how to ratify the Quit Notice Ultimatum.
“we had a fruitful discussion, and we urge our people and the Press not to derail this peace process between Ohanaeze Youths and Arewa Youths.
- Happening Now!! Arewa Youths, Igbos Holds Crucial Meeting In Kano Over Quit Notice
- Arewa Youths Quit Notice Will Not Add Or Subtract Anything From Biafra Agitation – Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother
- Arewa Youths Meets Ohanaeze, Says Leaving Nnamdi Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable
- Ignore Arewa Youths… Come Back Home – Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB To Igbos
- IPOB Killed Some Northerners – Arewa Youths Leader, Yerima
- We Support Arewa Youths Quit Notice To Igbos, Nnamdi Kanu Is A Threat To Nigeria – South West Consultative Forum
- We Are Losing Patience.. Order The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu – Yoruba Youths To Osinbajo, Backs Arewa On Their Call To Declare IPOB A Terror Group
- Biafra: Igbo leaders Have Sold Igbos In Arewa Land For Blood Sacrifice – MASSOB
- Breaking News! Nnamdi Kanu Declared The New Igbo Leader
- Start Returning Home Now, Don’t Wait Till October 1 Before Leaving The North – MASSOB To Igbos