Haa! See How vlogger, Zhang Accidentally Poisoned Herself After Eating Live Plant On Camera (Photos)

Haa! See How vlogger, Zhang Accidentally Poisoned Herself After Eating Live Plant On Camera (Photos)
July 03
11:25 2017

A vlogger from China is said to have accidentally poisoned herself after consuming a plant she had mistaken for aloe vera live on camera. The 26-year-old, who goes by her surname Zhang, was live streaming her ‘Aloe Vera Feast’ to discuss the benefits of raw aloe vera.

However, the woman didn’t realise that she was actually consuming Agave Americana, a poisonous plant from Mexico, according to local reports.

A video of the live show has been recorded and circulated on the internet by various Chinese websites, including qq.com.

At the beginning of the video, Ms Zhang is heard saying ‘yum’ and ‘this is great’. But soon afterwards, things took a turn and she realised there was a problem.

‘That’s bitter… that’s really bitter,’ she said as the clip progressed.

The Shanghaiist reported that Ms Zhang was actually consuming Agave Americana, a ‘poisonous plant from Mexico’.

The aspiring vlogger’s mouth then went numb and her throat felt as though it was on ‘fire’. She cut off the live stream and went to the hospital.

In the hospital, she was told by the doctors that she had been eating Agave Americana, not aloe vera.

The doctors also said that she was lucky to have gone to the hospital quickly enough, otherwise the consequences could be serious, according to Chinese newspaper Chongqing Times.

Despite the drama, Ms Zhang is reported to be in a stable condition now.

The plant Zhang thought she was eating, aloe vera, is commonly consumed both cooked and raw

Vlogger accidentally poisons herself live on camera

Similar Posts:

About Author

David Chris

David Chris

David Chris is writer and a staff at Ngyab.com. He is also an internet guru who who loves reading and making new friends

0 Comments

No Comments Yet!

There are no comments at the moment, do you want to add one?

Write a comment

Write a Comment