Search Anything Below (Songs, Videos, Albums, Gqom, Amapiano)
A new militant group in the oil-rich Niger Delta is calling off the war it had threatened to start on June 30, and has decided to “give peace a chance”, in what could be a relief for Nigeria that has just started to recover its oil production that was crippled by militant attacks last year.
The New Delta Avengers said at the beginning of June that they were declaring war on Nigeria’s oil infrastructure, threatening (again) the fragile but gradual recovery of the country’s crude oil production.
But on Wednesday, the New Delta Avengers said in an open letter, as quoted by Reuters:
“NDA has decided to shelve our planned attack on major oil facilities in the region from June 30, 2017.”
“We have decided to give peace a chance,” the group, previously unheard-of said in its letter, noting that they decided to call off the ‘war’ to help local community Edwin Clark continue negotiations for a peaceful resolution. The New Delta Avengers—named in an apparent nod to the Niger Delta Avengers that were the most active militant group in the Delta last year—had threatened attacks because they wanted a larger share of revenues from oil sales to go to the Niger Delta region.
- Our Round Of Attacks In The Next Few Days Will Be The Most Deadly – Niger Delta Avengers Declares
- We Are Returning Back June 2017 & This Shall Be bloody, Destructive, And Vengeful – New Delta Avengers Militants Declares
- What Will Happen In 2019 Elections If Our Demands Are Not Solved – New Militant Group, WANDE Warns
- There Is No More Time, We Will Start Bombing Again – Niger Delta Militants Tells Buhari
- Oct 1: We Have Joined Hands With Biafra, This Is Totally A Missile & Chemical War – Niger Delta Militant Group, Adaka Boro Avengers
- That Hour Is Near! We Have Sent All Our Boys & Materials To The Locations We Are Targeting – New Delta Avengers Militants
- No More Oil Pipelines, We Will Start Attacking Filling Stations – Niger Delta Militants Declares
- ”We Are Not Biafrans” – Niger Delta Activists, Annkio briggs Declares, Calls For Restructuring
- We Will Not Stop Bombing Unless… – Niger Delta Militants
- There Will Massive Destruction Of Oil Pipelines.. If We Don’t Get Our Own Share From $1B Excess Crude Account Within 4 Weeks – Militants Warns President Buhari