Search Anything Below (Songs, Videos, Albums, Gqom, Amapiano)
Eze-Igbo, Kaduna, Igwe Sylvanus Aneke has said that Arewa youths are too insignificant to tell Igbo to quit the North because of a group of people agitating for the Republic of Biafra in the South East.Igwe Aneke in this interview with NOAH EBIJE said it is only the Federal Government that has the constitutional power to split the country.
Excerpts From The Interview
The Arewa youths are insisting that Igbo should leave because your people are calling for Biafra Republic, what’s your reaction to this?
The question, is it all the Igbo that are calling for it? It’s a few young men who did not witness the war, that are calling for it. You see, it’s just like a child who wants to put his hands into the fire, the elder knows that if he puts his hands into the fire, it will burn him. So, the elders of the Igbo are not really supporting the IPOB, we identify with the problem. Just like I told you, the issues, what’s provoking the agitation? The agitation is their own reaction. Their way of reacting and that’s not what the elders of the Igbo want. What we want is to address injustice, to have fairness, fair share of whatever. To have that sense of belonging in the country.
There are reasons every day of how the Igbo are being discriminated against. No group can be happy with that. The youths are exploring this way because they feel that we the elders are comfortable with the situation. We’re not comfortable with the situation, but we know that calling for separation or division of this country will not be the solution but unity of Nigeria. We fought a war before and at the end, we accepted that Nigeria should be one. And they say to keep Nigeria one is a task that must be done.
We’ve accepted that many years ago, so why should we now be asking for that again? If we say Nigeria is one, let it be one. If Nigeria is one, then every person should have fair share of whatever the country has. That’s all.
- We The Northerners Endured First Coup Hatched Against Us And Carried On As If Nothing Happened – Ango Abdullahi Support Arewa Youths
- Biafra: Igbos Are Causing Serious Trouble To Nigeria, They Caused The Civil War, I Support Arewa Youths Quit Notice – Kano Rep Member
- Biafra: Nigeria Is Above Nnamdi Kanu – Arewa Youths Leader, Shetima Yerima
- Kicking Igbos Out Of The North: No Single Yoruba Man Will Join Them In Fighting The Igbos, It May Be The Beginning Of The End Of Nigeria – Afenifere
- If Sacking Igbos In Northern Nigeria Is Our Lot, Then We Are Far Better Off Living In A Separate Smaller Country Called Biafra – Ikedife
- Quit Notice: Plans Had Already Been Concluded To Evict Igbos From The North – Southeast Elders Forum
- Quit Notice: Over 3 Million Igbos Living In Kano, Igbo People Have Lived In Gusua For 400 Years – Chekwas Okorie
- Biafra: The Only Way For Any Group To Break Up Is Through War – Northern Elders
- Quit Notice: Just Like Biafra, Boko Haram Are Also Agitating For Nigeria’s Break Up – Ohanaeze
- Stay In The North, They Want War, We Will Go Beyond That, We Developed The North – OYC To Igbos