Multiple suicide attacks in a Maiduguri suburb has led to the death seventeen persons, the police has confirmed on Monday.
Spokesman of the Nigeria Police in Borno State, Victor Isuku in a statement said five female suicide bombers attacked a settlement, Kofa in Konduga local government area of the state.
He said 11 others were injured while the suicide bombers also died.
The statement read: “Multiple suicide bomb attacks happened yesterday Sunday 18/6/2017, at about 2030hrs, five female suicide bombers detonated IED strapped to their bodies in Kofa community, which is about 8km from Maiduguri town and situated along Maiduguri- Konduga road.
“The first suicide bomber, detonated near a mosque, killing seven persons. The second detonated in a house killing five persons.
“While two other suicide bombers detonated within the same vicinity, killing themselves only.
“A total of seventeen persons including the five suicide bombers died, while eleven persons sustained injuries and were rushed to University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital.
“EOD team were mobilised to the scene and normalcy has since been restored.”
- Photos From Multiple Bomb Explosion In Maiduguri Today That Killed 16 People
- Breaking News! Bomb Explosion Hit Borno, 7 Confirmed Dead
- Twin Bomb Explosion Borno Kills Many And Injured Others (More Details)
- Happening Now: 15 Persons Confirmed Dead And 53 Injured In A Twin Bomb Explosion In Biu Market Borno State
- Breaking: Three Bombers Attack University Of Maiduguri, Kill Security Official (Photos)
- Scattered Body Parts Of Suicide Bombers After Attack In Maiduguri (Graphic Photos)
- See Graphic Photos Of Female Suicide Bombers Blown To Pieces In Borno