Search Anything Below (Songs, Videos, Albums, Gqom, Amapiano)
MasterCard, one of the leading global payments & technology company that connects consumers, businesses and merchants by easing payments for services have just announced a project that shocked the world – the MasterCard Fingerprint card.
Based on available and obtained statistics, MasterCard operates globally in over 210 countries and territories. That’s not all, there are still more numbers. In every single minute (or every 60 seconds that passes), MasterCard processes way more than 65,000 transactions. Now who else thinks that’s crazy?
Enough of the figures for now, let’s move on to the business proper of the day.
After about two successful (and discreet) trials in South Africa, MasterCard announces the “one of its kind” innovation – the MasterCard Fingerprint card. Basically, what this card does is to further assure card owners of guaranteed safety of their cards (especially when stolen or misplaced) and offer more protected and sophisticated transactions.
And how does it work? Simple!
You know the same way mobile phones (like the Samsung Galaxy A3 2017, Tecno i3 Pro and Tecno i5 Pro etc) have evolved to the stage where you have to hold your finger against an embedded fingerprint sensor to unlock your device? That’s what MasterCard is planning to do with the MasterCard Fingerprint credit card. You will have to have your fingerprint scanned to authorize any transaction through the biometric scanner on your the MasterCard Fingerprint card.
In furtherance, in addition to more secured transactions, faster time of payments is also an added advantage.
What is however not yet clear is whether the fingerprint card technology will apply to transactions over the internet (online payments) or is limited only to the physical/over the counter POS system.
In a concluding note, it is pertinent to state that MasterCard is not scrapping the traditional 4-digits pin security system. It will serve its purpose as an alternative to the biometric/fingerprint sensor. You know, just in case the biometric scanner fails to identify your greasy or sweaty finger.
- See The Price Of Tecno Camon CX In Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Egypt, Uganda & Togo
- Unboxing Tecno Camon CM| What to Expect!
- Ecobank Opens Naira-denominated Mastercard For International Transactions [See Daily Spending Limits]
- Lets Review Tecno L9 Plus Specs, Features & Prices In Nigeria
- GTBank Stops Use Of Naira Mastercard For Online Transactions
- See Tecno Camon CMORE (Tecno CM) Full Specifications, Features & Price In Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya
- Unboxing Tecno Spark Plus K9 (VIDEO)
- Tecno Spark Plus K9 Key Specs.. Let See What Was Upgraded
- Tecno Spark 2 Price In Nigeria | Specifications & Features +Unboxing
- See Tecno Phantom 8 Price In Nigeria – Specifications & Features