A tanker, with 33,000 litres of diesel has exploded in Lagos on Monday April 24th The tanker exploded following a collision with a BMW car along Oshodi-Apapa expressway.
The incident occurred at Toyota junction, Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, inwards Oshodi. Fire fighters and emergency agencies are currently battling to put out the fire.
General Manager, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, Adesina Tiamiyu said the tanker was carrying 33,000 litres of diesel belonging to Bovas Petroleum with registration number TUT 258 XA.
He said the tanker crashed with a BMW Car with registration number (LSD 462 CZ), after losing control while driving inward Charity bus stop. “This subsequently led to the spillage of the entire content(diesel), thereby leading to the inferno.
No lives lost, recovery operation is ongoing by the men of the Lagos State Fire Service and LASEMA Response Team,” he said.
- Breaking News: Fire outbreak around the Ecobank head office in Victoria Island, Lagos After diesel tanker Explosion (Photos)
- Breaking News: Tanker Carrying Fuel Catches Fire In Nasarawa State, Many Houses Already Burnt Down (Photos)
- Pictures From The Scene Of The Accident Where A Truck Fell Of Ojuelegba Bridge, Killing 2 & Injuring Many
- BREAKING: Humans Burnt To Ashes As Fuel Tanker Catches Fire At Otedola Roundabout, Lagos
- Tragic!! Tanker Explosion In Owerri Today, Over 20 People Burnt Alive (Photos)
- Lagos Has Commenced Night Time Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads (Photos)
- OMG!! See The Decomposing Body Of A Man Floating In Apapa Lagoon (Graphic Photo)