Who Owns KitKatClub In Berlin? | What Happened At The Berlin KitKatClub Where Clubbers Have S*x On The Dance Floor | How Many People Where Infected With The Bacteria.
Authorities in Berlin have warned the patrons of a famed nightclub in the German capital KitKatclub to immediately visit a doctor to be checked for bacterial meningitis after a visitor was taken to hospital for the illness. The patient is likely to have contracted meningitis at the club on Saturday, officials said.
The KitKatClub is renowned for its sexually uninhibited techno parties that draw visitors from around the world.
City authorities issued a warning this week after being alerted to the Berlin patron’s exposure to the disease, urging all others who were at the club at the time to consult with a doctor.
The deadly bacterial meningitis can be spread via saliva and close body contact. Common symptoms are strong headaches, high fever, a stiff neck, dizziness and weakness.
The disease can become life-threatening within hours.
In a statement on its home page, the club said that ‘while infections in the club were very unlikely according to doctors and authorities … anybody suffering from symptoms should immediately see a doctor’.
The club said that none of its employees had shown any symptoms so far but all had been offered antibiotics as a preventive measure. City officials said there was no need to shut down the club because it was not the source of infection and the site itself was not contaminated.