When can i renew my nigerian passport before it expires? Can i renew my Nigerian passport before it expires? This is one of the many questions Nigerian ask about renewal of their Nigerian passport. Whether to renew it before it expires or after it’s expiration date. Normally Your Nigerian Passport should be renwed once it has reached it expiration date.
If your passport has expired or if you are left with about six valid months on your passport, All you need to do is to apply for a renewal. Also, for cases of stolen/misplaced and damaged passports, what you need is a renewal. It simply means you are getting a new passport.
Can I Renew My Nigerian Passport Before It Expires? Yes you can renew your Nigerian Passoport before it expires.
You have to Note that the new passport will NOT carry the same number you had on the previous one. The process for renewal basically follows the same process for application. For you to renew your Nigerian Passport, you have to go online or physically present yourself at the relevant Nigeria Immigration Office.
The process of renewal is almost the same with those who are applying for the first time. It generally takes between 3 – 4 days to process and maximum of a week.
What is Nigeria Passport? – Nigerian international passport is a travel document, a small booklet, usually issued by the Nigerian Immigration Service, a body of the federal government, after certification of the identity and nationality of its holder mainly for the purpose of international travels.
How To Renew Nigerian Passport
- Visit the Home page of Nigeria Immigration Portal
- Locate & click on the appropriate application form to start the process:
- e-Passport Application Form
- MRP – Passport Application Form (Not Applicable In All Missions)
- Select a passport type “Standard e-Passport” OR “Official e-Passport”, then click on ‘Start Application’ button.
- Fill the Application form; check the ‘I ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS FORM’ check box then click the “PRINT” Button to print filled form.
- Click on ‘Submit Application’ button to view ‘Applicant details page’
- Click on “Proceed to Online Payment”
- Click to select Payment Currency “Pay in Naira” or “Pay in Dollars” option then Click on ‘Continue’ button
- Choose the currency you want to use for payment (Naira or US Dollars):
- If you selected option to pay in Naira, you will be prompted to select PayType (payment method): “Bank”, “Credit OR Debit card”,
- If you intend to pay at a bank, selected “Bank” and click continue,
- View the list of participating banks and then click on ‘Continue’.
- The “Print Acknowledgment” button will help you print “Payment Acknowledgment Slip” with Transaction ID, Application ID & Reference Number.
- With the copy of your Payment acknowledgement slip, proceed to a participating bank for payment.
- On making payment at the bank, you MUST be issued with an ‘approved payment platform provider’ receipt that contains a “Validation Number”. You will need the “Validation Number” for confirmation of payment on the portal. (For use of your Validation Number, see the section on Validation Number below)
- If you intend to pay through Credit/Debit card, select “Credit/Debit card” and click continue,
- You will be required to fill in your log-in credentials.
- After filling in, click “Login” button and you will be sent to the payment portal
- For proceeding with the payment click the “PAY” button.
- Payment portal display application details, click on “Continue” button.
- You will be prompted to “Value Card” payment page, provide information of your card & Click on “OK” button
- After payment, the “Validation Number” is generated. Store it and use it to confirm the payment.
- You can also print a receipt by clicking the “Print the Receipt” button.