LIVE UPDATES & LATEST NEWS: Osun State Governorship Election Rerun 2018
It’s no longer news that the last week Odun state Gubernatorial election was not concluded.
The Electoral body INEC declare the election inconclusive because the marginam win between the Candidate of PDP and its closest riVal is less than the number of cancelled vote in 7 polling units a cross 4 LGA.
Tommorrow 27th September is set as the d-day for the rerun election.
Quick facts about the rerun:
1. Thursday September 27 is the new date for the rerun.
2. It will take place in seven different polling units across 4 local governments in the state.
The affected Local governments are
Orolu local government area.
Marginal win by PDP is 353
Registered voters in the 7 polling units is 3,498 voters INEC said.
statistics of each affected polling units
1. Orolu local government, the rerun will take place in three different polling units in two wards.
(A) Ward 8, Polling unit 001, 393 registered voters but 303 PVCs were collected.
(B) Ward 8, Polling unit 004, 387 registered voters but 353 PVCs were collected.
(C) Ward 9, Polling unit 3, 169 registered voters but 150 PVCs were collected.
2. Ife South local government, the rerun will take place in two different wards;
(a) Ward 7, Polling unit 12, 812 registered voters but 581 PVCs were collected.
(b) Ward 8, polling unit 10, 502 registered voters but 210 PVCs were collected.
3. Ife North Local Government area,
(A) Ward 10, unit 2, 353 registered voters but PVCs 320 were collected.
4. Osogbo Local Government area, the rerun will take place at
(A) Ward 5, Polling Unit 17 which has 884 registered voters but 677 PVCs were collected.
With the total of 2,637 PVCs collected in the seven polling units, these set of electorates will decide who will succeed the Rauf Aregbesola APC-led administration after eight years of governance.
We look forward to a peaceful and itch-free rerun election in Osogbo, orolu, ife-north and Ife-south tomorrow.
Stay tuned for more updates