Lost your permanent voter card (PVC) and can’t figure out how to retrieve or recover it back, Don’t panic there is hope. Voter Registration can be defined as a process through which those qualified to vote are identified and included in a list called the register of voters. After registration voters are then issued with voters’ cards, which entitles them to vote during elections.
Qualifications For Voter Registration
A person shall be qualified to be registered as a voter if he/she;
- Is a citizen of Nigeria
- Has attained the age of eighteen (18) years and above
- Is ordinarily resident, work in, originate from the Local Government Area, Council, Ward covered by the registration centre
- Presents himself/herself to the registration officers of the Commission for registration as a voter
- Is not subject to any incapacity to vote in Nigeria.
How To Recover Your Lost Voters Card
Note that for any voter to vote during the election day he or she must have a valid voters card.
A person must possess a voters card in order to be accredited and allowed to vote during an election. The card identifies the voter. Thus the voters name can be checked easily by the Presiding Officer or his Assistant.
It is therefore important that a person keeps his voters card safely, to prevent loss or damage.
However, if a person losses his card or if it is damaged, the Independent National Electoral Commission can replace them.
Follow The Step By Step Procedures Below To Recover Or Retrieve Your Lost Voters Card
The voter shall apply in person to the Electoral Officer or any other officer duly authorized for that purpose by the Resident Electoral Commissioner.
- The application shall be at least 30 days before an election
- The applicant shall state the circumstances of the loss or damage
- The, he shall be issued with another copy of his original voters card.
- The word “DUPLICATE” will be marked or printed on it clearly.
- The date of issue will also be printed on the new voters card.